Dr. Jason Hill
Dr. Jason Hill was born in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, at Roosevelt Rhodes Naval base. His father serving as an aviator in the United States Navy meant that Dr. Hill lived and grew up in multiple places, including California, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.
Dr. Hill completed high school in Red Oak, Texas, where he took honors classes and competed in football, basketball, soccer, and track. During his junior year, he suffered a knee injury that required surgery and a year’s worth of recovery. Thus began his interest in the prevention and care of athletic injuries. After recovering from this knee injury, he became captain of the varsity football and soccer teams, graduated in the top 10 of his senior class, and earned the Principal’s Award for Leadership.
After high school, Dr. Hill attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas, where he earned a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Health Science Studies with a pre-medical/pre-dental designation. Dr. Hill’s degree centered around anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, exercise physiology, prevention and care of athletic injuries, nutrition, and other health related disciplines. During his stay at Baylor, Dr. Hill was a 2-season varsity football squad member, a 2-year starting member of the Baylor rugby team, and a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity.
During his senior year at Baylor, Dr. Hill suffered an injury to his lumbar spine while playing rugby. He was informed that the injury was soft tissue-related. Physical therapy and chiropractic care were deemed medically necessary for recovery. This exerience further bolstered his interest in injury care.
Upon graduating from Baylor University, Dr. Hill decided that his his future would be in health care. He enrolled at Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas. There Dr. Hill focused on the prevention and care of athletic injuries, recovery from acquired traumatic injuries, improvement of overall physical performance, and maintaining the human frame to improve overall health.
Dr. Hill graduated from Parker College in 2001, and in 2007 he moved to Fort Worth, Texas, to pursue his chiropractic practice. Throughout the past 15 years of practice, Dr. Hill has specialized on injury prevention and recovery from injury through improved and balanced mobility and stability of the human frame. He has concentrated on functional assessment and implementation of multiple soft tissue and exercise-based therapies to aid with injury recovery.
Dr. Hill has continued his interest in athletics as an adult by competing and participating in cycling, running, triathlon, weight lifting, and yoga. He has been a member of the USA Triathlon Association since 2008. He has been a member of multiple triathlon groups in Fort Worth, Texas, since 2009. He has been pace coaching for Fort Worth Running Company for marathon and half marathon training since 2015 and has been triathlon coaching for Fort Worth Running Company since 2016.
“Trauma and repetitive injuries change our body mechanics. Unless you adapt by changing the way you move, sustained injuries will progressively become worse. Through mobility and stabilization of soft tissue and of the human frame, body mechanics can improve and injuries can be resolved quickly.”
Education, Training, Highlighted Achievements
- Bachelors of Science in Health Science Studies
- Baylor University
- Doctorate of Chiropractic (DC)
- Parker College of Chiropractic
- Licensed Chiropractor in the State of Texas since December 2001
- Full Body Level 1 Certified in Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Active Release Techniques
- Full Body Certified in Fascial Distortion Model (FDM)
- Fascial Distortion Model Inc.
- Acupuncture Certification through Parker University and National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Certified in Official Disability Guides
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians (AADEP)
- Certified in Physical Performance and Functional Capacity Evaluations
- JTECH Medical
- USA Triathlon Member since 2008
- Finisher Ironman Lake Tahoe 2013 and Ironman Coeur d'Alaine 2014
- Baylor Rugby 1995-1997
- Sigma Chi Fraternity Eta Omega Chapter 1995-1997
- Baylor Varsity Football 1992-1993
- Fort Worth Running Company Run Pace Coach May 2015 until present
- Fort Worth Running Company Triathlon Training Coach January 2016 until present